Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quite unlike the people you would have met at school or college or some random unassuming friend's friend, I have to tell you, people at work, especially on day one, are not surely welcoming and certainly not comforting at all. Unless you are smart enough to already catch hold of some friend, well in advance before joining. Or, you have got to be plain lucky to bump into some long lost friend. =)

And guess what, for me, this luck funda worked absolutely fine. Walked into one really old friend (more than 6 or 7 years), whom I would not have recognized at all, (she straightened out her hair!!) and felt a good; blessed is the word!. But then again, that was just for a jiffy, people still did come across as strange, over-smart and highly judgmental 'losers'.

For me, I never got emotional about college, even when it was coming to an end; but trust me, now I say 'College is the best thing that happened to me!!!'. God, that 'apartment' is a divine place. I cross that little memorable street everyday, only realizing that I will have to go towards a really annoying irksome and highly contemptuous place called 'office'; that people out there adore; for God knows what reason!!

But one thing got me thinking for long; even back home and next morning as well... The guys in my office, I realized, evidently (understatement) were obsessed with their daily or weekly alcohol sessions. Oh! more interestingly, their goof-ups thereafter. 'Machan that beer da! hahahaha! this vodka da, quarter da, blah blah da! hahaha!'

OMG!

Over that one day at work and thought back home, I learnt for myself 'Work is the curse of the drinking (men) class!'

3 comments:

metal mouth menon said...

hey puja...
dam sweet dude... its so straight frm de heart and true!! such an eye opener to hear frm a person u personally no!!! really liked it!!! though i hav to face the same some day,,, im glad im studyin for two more yrs now!!!
keep writing!!!
luv u
metal mouth menon!!!

puja said...

Menon! Thanks! 'm glad for you too.
Keep reading, i promise interesting posts coming up ;)
Luv u too!!!

Anonymous said...

Work-a-lcoholics

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.