Monday, June 21, 2010


Every morning, we all do our bit of sobbing, I'm sure. Oh, besides, if it is a Monday morning, dont even ask! For instance, today, I just returned from Bangalore (was a fabulous trip!), and all I needed in my mind, to screw up the whole day and the week, was to think about how boring and drabby it could be, or it would turn out. That too, after an amazing weekend, weekdays seem so jail-ly and not very interesting to sail through. Today, I was hoping to skip all the lifeless days of the week and land in the weekend once again, to have a blast! But as I was thinking this, I was in my routine, doing everything I would on a lifeless and stale weekday.

Is there anything I could do to get rid of the monotony of life? Of course, all I have got to do is to 'get-a-life'! That is when a wave rose in my brain.

TOIT
Every Sunday evening, I will zero down on 'that one interesting thing' (TOIT) that I will do all through the week to kill/ butcher/ murder boredom! On my way to office, I was storming for some ideas and came up with a few things that can be my weekly TOITs; and from this week, it is going to be a routine affair by itself. But, I promise to make this one an interesting and fantastic routine, that will engage all through the week and entertain as well. I cant be more excited to kick start this one, my debut attempt.

For this week, that one interesting thing will be treating my family to some scrumptious and yummy (hope so) delicacies from my kitchen, every night. This will not just give me a chance to write about some awesome experiences of being an amateur cook myself, but also give me an equal chance to enjoy every day and sail through, quite calmly and vividly into the much awaited weekend. And, I must add, it will give my mom a chance to celebrate as well. So, here I go!
Dinner tomorrow will be cheese peas pulav (courtesy Saranya's mom) with corn and spinach salad to go with it.

Cant wait no more...

8 comments:

Shruti said...

wow! gr8 idea!do send in a pic.....meanwhile, monotony's killin me to... but i just can't wait for the marksheets n the admission process to start off! tht'll be a change, of course!

puja said...

ooh! nice... will definitely post pics! EXCITED!

Anonymous said...

So how did it go? =)

puja said...

hey! this is like a one week thing...
i ll post all pics and detail on it, in the end of the week.

i then choose another 'TOIT' for next week...

Sneha said...

oi...u r trying to cook too just to kill time...and u think mami is gonna get a chance to CELEBRATE...what?!?!?!?! good luck to all of u...tell me how it was.

my suggestion: pls cook only once this week, and see how it goes, b4 repeating the process 4 times over...believe me, its a lot more pleasant when someone else does all the hard work!

pramila prakash said...

Nice way to break the routine TOIT!! May be, all mummies should take this up seriously. Jus imagine, one week only shopping, another week only watching Tv.Ha ha ha..it wll be great.

puja said...

mommy... relax!! not all daughters are as sweet and nice as me! =)

puja said...

Sneha akka: guess mom's comment here says it all! =) =) thanks! will tell u how it turns out on Sunday night!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.