Friday, June 11, 2010


Ah finally, one down on my wishlist...
Dinner at BBQ Nation. A plan that has been proving incapable of planning for almost a year now, but I feel successful now. Let me give you a quickie on pre-dinner, dinner and post-dinner at this fabulous restaurant.

Pre - Dad was back at last, and dinner with family in Chennai seemed quite a treat in itself. A slightly monotonous day at work, all I could think of, is the evening. After lunch at work, I decided to call BBQ Nation and book our table (boredom, u see!) Of course I knew, we could comfortably manage one, even if we walked in, the day being a weekday. But guess what, the damn restaurant was booked the day before itself. The excitement that hovered in our minds, got us to leave for dinner at 6:30 (Never ever before). The crowd was provocative and irk. We still shut up and waited for almost an hour to get a seat. The sweat, the traffic, the tiredness (of doing nothing), the irritation, the squabbles with Pranay and mom, the hunger pangs and what not. But was it wait this trouble??

Dinner - Finally, we managed to get a nice, quite, AIR CONDITIONED place to sit. I was quite excited. For those who dont exactly know, this place is fancy and has a facility where you can make your own BBQ! A concept that is crazy and so brilliantly executed that...gosh, its fab! Every table has its own little fireplace, where you can grill your own platter of exotic veg and non-veg BBQ. They have unlimited starters and a small flag that you turn down, when you done. Dont forget to turn it down, they're just waiting to shove grill sticks on you. You have got to give up, and then they'll stop. After starters, is the clichéd buffer dinner menu, but wait a minute, it tastes yummm...
Desserts, yet another fancy in this awesome restaurant. To top it all, the service is so comforting; impeccable is the word! A-wow-experience, all together.

Post - After filling ourselves up to the brim (like we would'nt eat for another week), we set out for home. All I did on my way back was to analyse the place, food, ambiance, service, value for money and I relaised it was certainly not one over-rated place.
Then I forced mom on a long like ride with me, to just end the day like it ideally ought to.

Report (out of 10)
Food - 8; 9 for the starters
Service - 10
Ambiance - 7 (crowd pissed me off)
Value for Money - 9

Tip: Try to fill yourself with starters and desserts, the others are not great. I got an overdose of paneer! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.