Monday, July 26, 2010

There are people you meet and forget, there are people you meet and remember, but dont really keep in touch; and of course, there are people you meet, you remember, adore and simply love. These are the people who most often matter to you the most. Ambitious, cheerful, lovable, chirpy, encouraging, careful, prudent, observant, no-nonsense, fun loving, gibberish and extremely sweet, however different these two Menons of my life seem, they still are very similar somewhere deep down. They have been among the few people, I know and I can completely relate to whatsoever. I have never really spoken to either of them about how they really matter to me, so if you guys, feel for it, then yeah!!

Three years in college have passed, and now I have gotten to realize these are none but, great friends of mine, whom I can count on and blindly rely upon. We have had great times together, some of which have even been forgotten, but I must say, everyday was not just another day with such amazing people back then in college. I somehow feel a special connection with both these stupid, crazy and fabulous Menons. From throwing tantrums to displaying Mallu Budhi, they have done it in a manner so uniquely, but so strikingly similar. For both of you, today, I think is a special day, and here is a my message...

Menon (The menon I call Menon) - You have been an amazing support and a great, great friend. I sometimes wonder if we would have gotten this close if it were not for our stupid decision of an MOP Bazar stall. But, nevertheless, I am happy it gave me such an amazing chance to get to know you better. I must tell you, I have learnt a lot from you, important lessons !! From innumerable tailor encounters to street shopping and utlimate bargaining episodes, I have had the time of my life with you. From tibbs frankies to Gangothri pani-puris, we have had some cherished moments of our life, I am sure, acting like retards, sometimes, extremely serious. Of course, I must not forget to mention those small tiffs we did have, those mind-blowing gossip sessions, those crazy after-college adventures, but, whoa, Menon we have really managed it all through and it has been fantastic. Love you tonnes, and miss you, when you are away.

Menon (The menon I dont call Menon, but call bugger) - Bugger, honestly, I dont know where to start. But I have got to tell you, that you have been one amazing person that I have come across. You must be sort of wondering from where all this love is overflowing, well it was all there already. =)

College got me to know you better and in a more close way. From frivolous and bizarre laughter to serious talks, we have had it all and it feels great to recall instances with you. I mean, I dont know, how much justice I am doing to a note to you, but seriously, one hell of a time, we have had together and FB says it all. A great critic, a brilliant friend and also one awesome companion, you have been them all and in great spirit. I simply adore a lot of things about you, maybe ask someone else, like Paru, she might have a lot to say about what I think of you !! =P

All I can say to both of you, is to be the way you are always, because I simply love the way you guys are... Every bit of you is so crazy and genuine that I just cannot let go of you guys. Have fun in Bangalore, and let me tell you, that is going to be the most frequented holiday place for me, from now (courtesy, you guys !! LOL). Also let that damn 'apartment complex' (you know what I mean) not change you in a bit, because, I will really feel for it. A deadly Menon combination you guys have been and will continue together for another two years. One request, dont become Marrus or move from the Mallu to the Marru budhi.

11 comments:

puja said...

menon... how can i forget the morning walk attempts and the the Fountain Plaza mothichoor and also the bike incidents, KFI road... we have to discuss =)

Chi Kaleeswaran said...

Awesome post by you, Pooch! Paneetta!!
Mallu to the Marru budhi!! LOL!!! Hope none of those girls get to read this, then, THEY ll rrrreeeaaaalllly feel for it!!!!
It's posts like this that rrreeally inspire me to update my blog I guess :)!

Chi Kaleeswaran said...

Oh WAIT!!! I soulfully testify all that is written above about the Menons as the truth and nothing but the truth. The reason why people like Puja and I have the guts to be our own crazy selves without feeling stupid for being so, is cause of people like Divya and Vaishali!! It was their craziness that helped preserve ours :D... they are the ones to blame ;)

Thanks Dude!! Am glad you guys are comin to B'lore! Changu chakku chajakku chakku chaangu chakku cha........(Repeat) Lol!!

Unknown said...

this is very unlike me to say... but awwww!! :)

our numerous discussions and failed planning of trips to places will always be on my mind.
Will make sure i hold my malluness together even after PG. haha
See you in bangalore!

Unknown said...

maxiii ... jin jin chankaa ki ki... jin jin!!!
it was a good preserving by all of us!

hope i spread the craziness around in other places...lol..
new crowd.. new place.. scary thought..but then again.. i can use my local tamil and overcome the home sicknes..hahha..

Ranjani Prasad said...

Pooochi.. Like I said, Awesome writing,.. love the flavour n choice of words.. totally enhancing the menooon craziness.. the punch line is the mallu to maaru budhi.. LOL..
N guess Ill be joining the crazy ppl- menooons n max in bang.. So guess u shud just shaddup n come there, so that u can write abt our crazy rendevous from there.. wat say??

puja said...

Ranj... I wish!! But thanks so much!!
The Menons are truly amazing, we all agree...
but will come there soon. Will miss all you losers!!!

Divya menon said...

Pujaaaaah!!! That was such a surprise!!! Seriously! Miss u loads peezo!!! That has become so official now!!! I'll take this opportunity to tell u that u'v been the most inspiring yet easy goin person!!!! The type of person who'll get back on your bike no matter hor much it's cursed! Your's is a perfect example of a balanced life!!! From work to music and guitar to yoga to mystry shopping to writing and what not!!! Seriously- u really make us feel like we're wasting our life!!!
Lookin fwd to ur surprise visits to blr!!! I no planned trips seldom work out so surprise is the mantra!!!
Retarded *hug*
menon
(divya)

Divya menon said...

Maxi I no ur gonna be like paneetaya!!! But I haven't panned it!!! I'm only gonna!!! ;)
my co-may-non mollay!!!,let's do this shit I say!!! We shall not b influenced by the crowd!!! Jai mall land!!!

puja said...

Thanks Menone!! loves!!!

Chi Kaleeswaran said...

Wheee... Jus saw the comments by ya'll!!

Pooch interesting how your blog is becoming testimonial spot. I suggest we pause with the Mushiness!! We are beginning to sound like Maru gang girls!!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.