Saturday, July 24, 2010

To start with, let me tell you, I am not a very design-design person, but I sure have an eye for classy, funny, casual and extremely innovative ideas translated into product/ packaging design. The whole idea of design is to dig out something that exists, but that which not many people can see. That is whom we call a good designer, a person who tells us "dude check this out, you'll identify with it, for sure!"

I woke up a little late, this morning, than I planned last night, and I was so sure I will lose it totally. Often when you dont manage to wake up on time (particularly 'waking up'), you are welcoming a bad mood, with no rhyme or reason. But quite interestingly, I was in a brilliant mood this morning. I wish to attribute it to a range of classy and mind blowing product designs that I came across; that got me to laugh and wonder as I was sipping my coffee. It got me to say to myself "I want one of those! NOW." If you can appreciate some funny and fundamental designs, then you have got to check Happily Unmarried (http://www.happilyunmarried.com/index.htm).

When I say, designs that have blown me off, that is what I mean, they blew my mind!!! . Some of the most basic things in life that we know, but would not have thought about as something we could translate into a product and place it on our table...

Let me tell you, these are not products that are a MUST HAVE, in terms of necessity, but they sure are products that you will WANT TO have (you see the difference). Now that is what you expect from design, designers and their aptitude. However you are, whatever is your frame of mind and whatever are your ideals, these designs are said to create an unknown, unrecognized and undying like/ wish. From the famous and most stunning "Procrastinator's Diary" to "Rude Sun Sign Mugs" to "Desi Daru Glasses"; they have taken it to another level, so innovative and creative; that you might be left with an idea or thought; 'how-on-earth-can-someone-come-up-with-that'; because I was...

Check them out, they are very desirable, I must say, because they are not very pricey as well. You sure can afford it even with that meager pocket money that you have, or those peanuts that you earn.

Bottom Line: Worth having, worth flaunting, value for money and a great mood enhancer.

P.S. I just ordered a Happily Unmarried key chain from here, kick ass concept!

4 comments:

Murugavelan said...

Puja, nice posting. You are dealing with a wide range of topics and that makes this place more interesting. Cheers\

puja said...

Thanks so much !! I am extremely happy you are liking it in here... better things coming up...
=)

Chi Kaleeswaran said...

Oy Checked the website out. IT IS CRAZEEE lovin it!!

So Paro guided you to it or is it like your own discovery??

puja said...

courtesy Paru, she introduced me to the Procrastinator's Dairy, followed by which I began loving each one of those amazing products !!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.