Monday, March 28, 2011


In just exactly 25 days from now I am going to be leaving the amazing city of Madras, lock stock and barrel. The city is of course, extremely close to my heart; from the most awesome moments to the most embarrassing ones and even a whole bunch of scary, boring, memorable, creative, lonely, futile, fun, exciting, meaningless, weird and hilarious flashes, the city has treated me grandly and now I have to say goodbye and leave! :(

As I clear my stuff and put them together to be taken off, I actually feel strange about not having anything left behind here. Something about the city makes me feel so comfortable, that I think I am going to leave something behind for the people who move in; maybe my pillow or my most favorite book, so I have a reason to come back sooon!!

But yeah, just 25 days left... makes me want to do 25 different amazing, typical things in this awesome city. Here is my list...

  1. Buy little temple jewelery knick knacks from Sukra
  2. Filter coffee in Ratna Cafe
  3. Meals in Karpagambal Mess
  4. Catamarine ride in Kovalam
  5. Shopping in Mahabs
  6. Tibbs Frankie from Bessy
  7. Cast my last vote in Tamil Nadu
  8. Cheesecake from Jelly Belly and Winners' chocolate tart
  9. My last IPL match in Madras
  10. One awesome, soul stirring kutchery
  11. Balloon shooting in Bessy
  12. Just sit and watch the full moon at Thiruvanmiyur Beach
  13. Climb the darn lighthouse in Marina
  14. Alone time at Broken Bridge (at least this time)
  15. Wait in an endless queue for Kuzhi Paniyaram in Grand Sweets
  16. Go on the MRTS (parakkum rayil, lol)
  17. Night show in Satyam
  18. Look for all the books on my long list in Moore Market
  19. Get the Jhakkamma lady to predict my future with the wand in her hand (or kili josiyam, maybe both!)
  20. A day in Auroville (maybe)
  21. Mulberry-banana smoothie in Fruit shop
  22. Take one long ride on my bike
  23. See the Adyar Banyan tree (I have no clue where that is)
  24. Bead shopping at Bessy
  25. Watch a thiruttu DVD movie

Just some 25 things I can think off my hat, however I realized, the truth is I can never say bye to Madras!

6 comments:

Chi Kaleeswaran said...

You forgot to mention me in it... I still forgive you :D

puja said...

u are a part of every plan! lets really do this... pls... it will make an awesome story! what say!? ;)

Saravana "Charan" said...

The banyan tree is inside The Theosophical Society Campus.
Cheers

Alicia Souza said...

You should never say bye, say 'see you later'
:)

best of Luck!

vinithasaira said...

al the best..wher u headed?!! :)

puja said...

hi vini... family s heading to bbay and me to blore to study! no-more-madras grief is setting in!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.