Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I went on a holiday, came back and somehow for a long time now, I have not had that ever lasting smile on my face; the smile that is so splendid that goes all the way from one ear to the other...


It was absolutely not difficult for me to get it back and stick it on my face; all I needed was three days of Rajima narrating the best story ever, Srimad Bhagavatham. Well, ideally I should have known a dozen of those stories since when I was a kid itself, but somehow I missed those crucial tell-tale sessions with my grandparents. But thankfully, I did not find it all that tough to catch up with the others around me.

For me to talk about Bhagavatham is almost impossible in a blog post; this ancient text is unfathomably profound and absolutely mind blowing. Everything from the beginning of the world to glories of the Creator to the magnificence of the Destroyer and the dexterity of the Protector and of course the acumen of those spectacular risis ; is simplified to such an extent that you are most likely to have an ever lasting love affair with the Divine and will want to go on these 3-day dates quite often. Undoubtedly, I was head over heals in love with none other than Him at the end of the tale which traced through all His grand incarnations.

Leave alone the story and the fantasy it left in my mind; the lessons I drove back home have been deep; something that cannot come across through a simple virtual bundle of text. My Bhagavatham hangover made me dwell further deep...

People around me were rather wonder-struck at me going sitting through long sessions of 'discourses' over a weekend especially; but take my word for that weekend being the best I can recall in a long long time now. The most fulfilling, the most smiling and the most fabulous weekend, that too right in the beginning of a brand new year.

Let me take the liberty of declaring, if you do take the time out for a Bhagavatham session, your life will change, dramatically. All the effort that you have to take is enjoy some fun and lively Bollywood style Bhagavatham hours with the most dynamic and awesome Rajima. Yes, you heard that right, at perfect situations, Rajima will burst out with an amazing Bollywood number that will help you further romanticize; quite the role of a situation song; certainly not that trivial and needless though.

Trust me, you are never too young for cool stuff like this; so keep your eyes and ears open and be waiting to chance upon 2 dinner and one lunch date with the Man in Blue!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you should post it in Rajima's site! :) your experiences..

www.rajima.net

JGD
Love
Apu

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 WishList.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.